Soil, Grass and Cancer Paperback – January 1, 2000
This long-out-of-print classic showed that soil fertility was directly linked to human and animal disease. Almost a half-century ago, Andr Voisin had already grasped the importance of the subterranean world. He mapped the elements of the soil and their effects on plants, and ultimately, animal and human life as well. He saw the hidden danger in oversimplified fertilization practices and the use of toxic chemicals that ignore the delicate balance of trace minerals and nutrients in the soil.This is not, however, merely a persuasive testament to the link between soil, human and animal health. It is also essential reading for anyone committed to increasing both the quality and the profitability of their pastures. While grass and livestock farmers will benefit most from the wealth of information on rotation management and fertilization practices, there is much in this book for anyone who makes a living from the earth.
With a volume of meticulously researched information, Voisin issues a call to agricultural scientists, veterinarians, dietitians and intelligent farmers to stand up and acknowledge the responsibilities they bear in the matter of public health. He writes as well to the alarmed consumer of agricultural products, hoping to spread the knowledge of the possibilities of protective medicine part of a concerted attempt to remove the causes of ill health, disease and, in particular, cancer.
Here are 10 quotes from Andre Voisin to move from grass to the protective medicine of tomorrow:
- As yields double or treble, we remove 2-3 times more elements from the soil and replace only a limited number.
- It is not merely a question of healing the animal or man stricken by disease, it is necessary to heal the soil so as to have to heal the animal or man. We concentrate our efforts on the results and neglect the causes.
- The mineral element does not exercise the same influence when it is applied to the soil as it does when added to the ration. The trace element of the soil is organized by the plant. Mineral elements of soil transformed by plant into organic compound which have a dietic value very different for the same element under its mineral form.
- The dusts of the soil control the metabolism of the cells.
- Disease created chiefly by destroying the harmony reigning among the elements of the soil
- Agronomic methods throw out of gear the mechanisms of the human cell.
- Agriculture constantly being forced to increase its output, producing more food, more cheaply without any thought for its biological value.
- Tasks of “protective” medicine is how to return nutritive value to food to halt diseases of civilization.
- Protection against cancer much more important that cancer therapy.
- Soil science is the foundation of protective medicine.
Remember who you really are – rediscover yourself here – https://www.spiritsafaris.com/vision-quest-online/
and see the book here – https://www.amazon.com/Soil-Grass-Cancer-Andre-Voisin/dp/0911311645