Pilbara Karratha Karijini Tours
Pilbara Karratha Karijini Tours from Broome, Port Hedland & Karratha
Pilbara, Karijini National Park Tours
6 or 7 days Karijini National Park in the Pilbara with Karratha & Marble Bar Tours from Broome, Port Hedland & Karratha – includes 3 days in Karijini National Park to explore amazing gorges, walks & waterholes & optional Tom Price or Newman mine tour, 1 night Port Hedland, Karratha, & Marble Bar, 3 days / 2 nights in Karijini National Parks. 6 days/ 5 nights from Broome return to Broome or exit Port Hedland – Fully catered, comfy camping or accommodated. Newman departure options – Please ask.
Options include –
- Broome to Broome – Weekly May – September unless booked + June 11 or June 16 + July 30 + ASK RE LATEST DATES – 6 days excludes Exmouth includes overnights at Port Hedland 1 Night, Karratha 1 N, Karijini Eco Retreat 2N, Marble Bar 1 Night – Details below
- South Bound – Broome to Exmouth – June 11 – 17 – 7 Days – starts 8 am, completes 10 am morning of last day and includes overnights at Port Hedland 1 Night, Karratha 1 N, Karijini Eco Retreat 2N, Exmouth 2 Nights
- Northbound – Exmouth to Broome – June 15-21 – 7 days – check in from 3, starts 4 pm completes 6 pm last day includes Exmouth 2 Nights, Karratha 1N, Karijini Eco Retreat 2N, Marble Bar 1N
- Newman to Broome – May 7-12 2018 – Newman 1 Night, Karratha 1N, Karijini Eco Retreat 2N, Marble Bar 1N
All tours have similar content except 7 day has extra night at Exmouth – This webpage shows most detail.
6 day Itinerary Highlights include —
- 80 Mile Beach – drive along + shell stops
- Historic Cossack and famous Art Centre – West Australi’s first northern port & pearling area
- Burrup Rock Art – on Dampier Peninsula – complex figures and art around 30,000 years old
- Millstream – Chichester National Park – incl Python Pool and the paperbark walk at old Millstream Station by the Fortescue River
- 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore Karijini National Park amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Hammersley Gorge, Oxer, Joffre, Fortescue, Hancock, Dales gorges, Fern & Circular Pools.
- Tom Price Mine Tour option or more time at Karijini
- Port Hedland docks – watch BHPs iron ore exports leave this massive port (southbound tour) or Marble Bar, Shay Gap & De Grey River crossing on Northbound tour
- Hammersley Iron / Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price.
- Karratha / Dampier Rio Tinto port and LNG Plant visitors centre
- Hamersley Ranges
- Red Dog Memorial at Dampier
7 Day Itinerary includes above plus –
- Ningaloo Reef – glass bottom boat cruise OR swim OR optional Yardie Creek Boat Tour OR optional extra swim with whale sharks
- Jurabi Turtle Sanctuary
- Cape Range National Park
Both tours –
- Monkey Mia, Coral Bay, Hamelin Pool extension options
Cost fully accommodated with above inclusions excluding mine tour is $4,880 for 6 days (same as 7 day itinerary excluding 1 night at Exmouth) or 7 days is $ 5,380
Usually Departs Mondays May to October Other dates Available Book NOW & Save
Pilbara, Karijini National Park, Karratha & Marble Bar Tours from Broome or pickup in Port Hedland or Karratha (2nd day). Tour includes 3 days in Karijini National Park to explore amazing gorges, walks & waterholes & Tom Price or Whaleback Newman mine tour, nights in Port Hedland, Karratha, Marble Bar & Karijini Eco Retreat. Optionally arrive Broome the day before to enjoy Broome, a Cable Beach swim and dinosaur footprints at Gantheaume Point – needs low tide. Details – Tour commences from Broome Monday 8am. We travel the Northern Highway through extensive cattle country to Port Hedland. Enroute enjoy Barn Hill Beach natural rock sculptures & a (short) walk on 80 Mile Beach. Next day visit the Port Hedland docks, exporting the worlds largest shipments of iron ore from BHPs railhead & storage facility. Travel to Burrup rock art on the Dampier Archipelago to see unique rock art which is the World’s largest collection of petroglyphs, Visit the Red Dog memorial (the film star) before overnight in Karratha. Day 3 we travel and picnic in Millstream National Park, through the Hamersley Ranges, travel the special access Hamersley Iron / Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price Mine (lookout viewing and mine tour option) and overnight at Karijini Eco Retreat for 2 nights. Experience awesome gorges of Karijini National Park views, walks, waterfalls & swim options including at Oxer lookout, and Fortescue, Hancock, Dales, Red, Joffre and Knox Gorges, and Fern & Circular Pools.
Depart Karijini late morning and travel the Great Northern Highway and 4WD back roads to Marble Bar & the Comet Gold Mine with gems and minerals displays plus visit either Coppin’s Gap, Kitty’s Gap or Doolena Gorges time permitting. Overnight Marble Bar. Last day depart viewing the mighty De Grey River, Pardoo & Sandfire. Arrive Broome early evening or exit tour at Port Hedland (approx.11am) for flights or coach etc. 6 days / 5 nights fully catered delicious meals, cost excluding mine tour 6 day $4,350 or 5 day $3,880 pp. Sgl Sup. $495 (6day) or $395 (5 day)
Usually Departs Mondays May to October Other dates Available – Ask for details Book NOW & Save
The Tom Price Rio Tinto Mine – The Mount Tom price mine is owned by Rio Tinto / Hamersley Iron and operated by Pilbara iron. The mine was developed in 1966, and is a massive ore body eight kilometres long and more than one kilometre wide. In 2004 the mine moved over 45Mt of material, and produced over 18Mt of iron ore.
Who was Tom Price – The town was named after Thomas Moore Price, who worked for the American company, Kaiser Steel. He arrived in the area in the early 1960’s to appraise deposits of ore and was instrumental in convincing the mining companies that it was worth mining here. He also played a major role in lobbying the State & Federal Governments to allow mining to proceed and for the ore to be exported. In September 1962 at the age of 71. Thomas Moore returned to America. He died from a heart attack whilst at his desk, only two hours after being advised of the very rich ore deposit discovered on the mountain here. In recognition of Thomas Moore Price and his efforts during the foundation of the industry, the mountain and our town, Tom Price was named after him.
Gina Rinehart, via the company (Lang) Hancock Prospecting, shares 50 per cent of the profits (around $1.5 billion) generated by the Hope Downs mine, which is operated by Rio Tinto and produces 30 million tonnes of iron ore annually. Another joint venture with Mineral Resources Limited at Nicholas Downs, northwest of Newman, is producing 500 million tonnes of ferruginous manganese. The Roy Hill iron ore project, south of Port Hedland, in the Pilbara is expected to begin production in 2013 with a yield of 55 million tonnes a year.
Join us on this tour in the Pilbara to better understand Australia’s & your future !!! – Please ASK or Book Tour
The team at Spirit Safaris will get you there safely and swiftly, with plenty of time for fun and exploring these amazing places.
Our modern Toyota Landcriuser 4WD vehicles means you travel in small private groups in comfort to access areas others can’t reach.
Karijini National Park Tours …
- Pilbara, Karijini, Karratha & Marble Bar Tours from Broome, Port Hedland & Karratha – includes 3 days in Karijini National Park to explore amazing gorges, walks & waterholes & optional Tom Price or Newman mine tour, 1 night Port Hedland, 1 Marble Bar. 6 days/ 5 nights from Broome return to Broome or exit Port Hedland – Fully catered, comfy camping or or accommodated. Book Tour
- Karijini & Ningaloo National Parks in the Pilbara with Marble Bar Tours from Broome or Port Hedland – 6 day Karijini & Ningaloo Reef Luxury 4WD Tour. Includes – 80 Mile Beach, Marble Bar & Millstream NP, Karijini National Park, Pilbara, Hamersley Ranges, Port Hedland 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Oxer, Joffre, Fortescue, Hancock, Dales gorges, Fern & Circular Pools. Plus BHPs Port Hedland docks, Newman, Burrup Rock Art, Red Dog Memorial, Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price. Mine tour option. All accommodation, fees, meals. Broome to Exmouthm 6 days or 10 day option also available as below with with Monkey Mia & Kalbari NP to Perth Book Tour
- Karijini, Ningaloo, Monkey Mia, Coral Coast & Kalbari NP Broome to Perth – 10 days. Personal & Private luxury 4WD Tour Includes 80 Mile Beach, Marble Bar & Millstream NP, Karijini National Park, Pilbara, Hamersley Ranges, Port Hedland 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Oxer, Joffre, Fortescue, Hancock, Dales gorges, Fern & Circular Pools. Plus BHPs Port Hedland docks, Newman, Burrup Rock Art, Red Dog Memorial, Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price. Mine tour option. Includes Ningaloo Reef glass bottom boat cruise, Coral Bay, Monkey Mia dolphins & Kalbari NP 2 nights, then Pinnacles to Perth $6995 Sgl Sup. $895 . Ask re reverse Broome to Exmouth 6 day option also available. Book Tour
Ask Now on 1300 763 188 for tours information or to reserve your place – thank you & stay tuned !