Kimberley Bungle Bungles Tours
5 Day Kimberley Bungle Bungles Tours with Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Geike Gorge & Bungle Bungles
5 Day Kimberley tours Broome to Darwin Tours or reverse via Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Bungle Bungles & Savannah Way – Broome to Darwin (or reverse option available). Includes small group 4WD transport (GXL Landcruiser), walks at Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Bungle Bungles, Geike Gorge cruise, and optional flight over Bungle Bungles. Warmun Aboriginal Art Centre, Kununurra overnight & highlights (Ord River, Sandalwood factory, Zebra Rock Gallery, Aboriginal Art Centres) then tour via Timber Creek, Victoria River escarpments & look-out, Katherine hot springs to Darwin arrive approx 7pm.
July 3, 2016 – 5 day Kimberley Bungle Bungles Tour with Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Geike Gorge & Bungle Bungles – From Broome to Broome. Includes small group 4WD transport (Toyota Landcruiser 100 GXL), walks at Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Bungle Bungles Cathedral Gorge & Echidna Chasm, Geike Gorge cruise at Fitzroy Crossing, and optional flight over Bungle Bungles. Includes all meals except 1 own purchase at Fitzroy Crossing, comfortable camping accommodation is $2,890 camping rate per person or accommodated option add $590 for 4 nights, per room based on twin share. Return to Broome approx 4-5 pm.
Tunnel Creek Kimberley WA
Tour Code KDS5 Book Tour
- 5 days Kimberley Broome to Broome 5 day Tours via Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, off Gibb River Road , Fitzroy Crossing, Geike Gorge Cruise, Bungle Bungles ie Domes view 4WD Drive, Cathedral Gorge walks, Echidna Chasm walk – Code KBB5 Book Tour
Departure Dates include June 29, 2015 – see Book Tour
- 5 days Kimberley Broome to Darwin 5 day Tours via Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, off Gibb River Road , Fitzroy Crossing, Geike Gorge Cruise, Bungle Bungles, Cathedral Gorge walks, Kununurra, with Lake Argyle cruise option Katherine hot springs – Code KBD5 Book Tour
Next Depart Dates – see Book Tour
- 5 days Kimberley Darwin to Broome 5 day Tours via Katherine hot springs, Victoria River,Timber Creek, Kununurra, with Lake Argyle cruise option, Bungle Bungles flight & Cathedral Gorge walk, Fitzroy Crossing, Geike Gorge Cruise, Tunnel Creek, Windjana Gorge to Gibb River Road , –Code KXD5 Book Tour
Depart Dates – see Book Tour
Tour itinerary follows for Broome to Darwin and Broome to Broome
Broome to Darwin – 5 day Kimberley Tour with Bungle Bungles flight & Geike Gorge cruise
Arrive a day earlier to enjoy Broome’s famous Cable Beach, or a scenic flight to the Horizontal Waterfalls or visit the Willie Creek Pearl Farm. Great shopping in Broome’s balmy climate too ! Consider arriving with us from Alice Springs via the Tanami Track, Wolfe Creek Crater and Aboriginal art communities.
Tour itinerary follows for Broome to Darwin. Itinerary for Darwin to Broome includes same stops in reverse.
Day 1 – Depart from Broome 7 am. Visit the infamous prison Boab tree, and then Derby highlights including the Derby wharf (30 ft tides!) on King Sound, the worlds longest cattle drinking trough, the new Mowanjum Art Centre (meet the artists, learn and buy from source) at Mowanjum Aboriginal Community. Depart from Derby for mystical Windjana Gorge and a gorge walk at this special creation “waterhole”. Meet the local freshwater crocodiles and exotic bird life (maybe even a rare Gouldian Finch) in this eerie, ancient seabed environment. Depart Windjana for Tunnel Creek & walk through this 600m cave river system to a special waterhole. We then travel through sweeping Kimberley grasslands and cattle country to cross the flood plains of the Fitzroy River. Check in at our accommodation at Fitzroy Crossing before a relaxing night and tasty evening meal, with a chance to meet some of the locals. L
Day 2 – Enjoy a relaxing Geike Gorge river cruise on the vast Fitzroy River, and marvel at the high cliffs, annual flood records, stunning wildlife and river tales from our knowledgeable local guide. After a morning cuppa, and comfortable highway cruising we enjoy lunch at a scenic picnic spot. Includes time to visit Aboriginla Art centres at Fitzroy Crossing & Halls Creek. Travel on to Maryvale Cattle Station and to the Bungles Bungles Safari Park (safari tents & cabins available) for overnight. BLD
Day 3 – A day tour with heli flight option in the Bungles Bungles in Purnululu National Park – Experience the extraordinary Bungle Bungles by 4WD. Includes Echidna Chasm trail, Picanninny Creek , Cathedral Gorge walk & Beehive Domes. Return to Bungles Bungles Safari Park for overnight. BLD
Day 4 – If heading for Darwin, visit the Warmun Aboriginal Art Centre, then Kununurra highlights (Ord River Scheme, Sandalwood factory, Zebra rock art gallery, Rum Distillery) then relax with an optional swim and overnight or optional Ord River wildlife Cruise. Overnight Kununurra. BLD
Day 4 – If heading for Broome we visit Halls Creek and the China Wall, a natural vein of sub-vertical white quartz rising up to 6 metres above the surrounding country in places. It traverses the country for many kilometres, rising high out of the ground and then disappearing back into the earth again. Travel own through mesa country, and view the scenic lookout at Ngumban Cliffs before Overnight Fitzroy Crossing. BL
Day 5 – Depart Kununurra via spectacular Victoria River mountain landscapes, travelling savannah grasslands and cattle country, then Timber Creek, (with lookout views over the vast Victoria River) and on to the Stuart Highway. Enjoy a stop and optional swim in Katherine by the natural hot springs. Arrive Darwin around 7pm B, L. Alternatively fly to Darwin from Kununurra &/or stay longer for a Lake Argyle cruise.
Day 5 – If returning to Broome check out the Aboriginal Art Centre at Fitzroy Crossing before travel through Savannah Grasslands, cattle country and boab trees to arrive Broome mid afternoon. BL
- Bungle Bungles & ground tour to Cathedral & Picanniny Creek
- Optional Bungle Bungles flight
- Professional and experienced driver / guides
- Long established relationships with local Aboriginal people enriches experiences
- Access to remote areas and rock art sites unreachable by most tour vehicles
- Delicious meals as shown , including vegetarian optional. Celebration dinner at journey end.
- Accommodated sleeping or comfy camping – Your choice. Camp gear is modern and easy to use.
- Optional Accommodation upgrades available.
- All World Heritage and National Park entry and accommodation fees
- Aboriginal Art community visits for “direct from artist” purchases
- Contributions of tour price supports Outback Kids and nature care programs.
- You – and Your involvement in a creation much bigger than most can imagine
- 1 dinner in restaurant
- Accommodation upgrades if required. Available at all locations except Windjana Gorge
- Flights to and from departure points
Cost including small group 4WD transport, all meals, walks at Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Bungle Bungles, Kununurra and optional extra helicopter flight over Bungle Bungles is $2,890 camping rate or accommodated add $590 based on twin share. Single supplement $380