Adelaide to Alice Springs Lake Eyre Tours
and Adelaide to Uluru Tours
Adelaide to Alice Springs Lake Eyre tours or REVERSE – Includes flight over Lake Eyre, travel the Oodnadatta Track, following the Old Ghan railway line, visit Marree, Coober Pedy opals, William Creek, Coward Springs, Leigh Creek, Copley – 3 or 4 days.
Tour options to connect to Uluru & connection options from Sydney (Ghan/Indian Pacific Railway) or Melbourne. Tour includes Scenic flight over Lake Eyre. Flinders Ranges, Oodnadatta Track, Marree, William Creek, Coober Pedy, optional Painted Desert Scenic flight, ASK about other dates
Details – Alice Springs / Uluru to Adelaide Tour via Lake Eyre & Oodnadatta Track or Reverse direction.
Day 1 – From Uluru or Alice Springs, travel via Stuart Highway to South Australian border via spectacular desert scenery and remote desert landscapes and bustling roadhouses of Australia’s main North South connector. Time permitting we visit the Breakaways moonscape where the Mad Max movies were filmed. Arrive Coober Pedy for a local meal (own cost) before a comfortable underground sleep in our dug out motel room. L
Day 2 – After a hearty breakfast, we explore fascinating Coober Pedy. Visit an underground chapel, and mining museum display to experience the life of the opal miners, view ancient opalised giant fish fossils, and take a tour to Charlies lookout to view this extraordinary landscape. We enter the desert and cross the Dog Fence – the longest fence in the world. The 5,300km Dog Fence separates what were the sheep-growing areas in the south from the dingoes of central Australia. We travel the Oodnadatta Track via William Creek with its Woomera rockets museum park, A Painted Desert flight option is available from here if pre-arranged. Follow the Old Ghan Railway track via various picturesque rail bridges and sidings from the Ghan hey days. Arrive Coward Springs (a Ghan rail station town) for a dip in the hot springs and a tasty lunch. View Lake Eyre South from a high vantage point. We have a chuckle and wonder at the giant desert dog, hover bus and other desert sculptures of Mutonia Sculpture Park. Travel on to Marree for a tasty meal and comfy overnight. BLD Day 3 – From Marree, we take a 1 hr 30 min scenic flight over Lake Eyre. Our flight allows us to see the Warburton Groove, the main inflow channel to Lake Eyre, Elliot Price Conservation Park, Halligan Bay, Lake Eyre South and the Marree Man ( a giant sculpture in the landscape). On return to base, we see some of the sights of Marree, this once thriving Ghan Railway town. Marree is caretaker for some interesting railway relics, plus the old mail truck used by legendary outback mailman Tom Kruse on his run from Marree to Birdsville. The Birdsville track commences in Marree. We visit the shores of Lake Eyre and Lake Eyre National Park and connect with the wonder of the bird and plant life revitalised by recent flooding rains in a permanent waterhole. Overnight in Marree with yarns around the campfire (optional), the bar, or just take it easy. BLD
Day 4 – Today we view the giant Leigh Creek coal mine, can enjoy a local Quandong Pie at Copley’s famous Quandong Bakery & Cafe and travel via old Ghan railway towns of Parachilna and Brachina, in the foothills of the Flinders Ranges to Hawker and picturesque mountain landscapes to arrive Adelaide around 5-6 pm, delivered to your local accommodation or airport connection. BL Tour Inclusions
- Small group luxury 4WD travel (usually 4-6 / vehicle) with professional and experienced driver / guide
- Scenic Flight over Lake Eyre – 1 hrs 30 mins or optional 2 hr with Cooper Creek
- All delicious meals, including vegetarian, unless noted in itinerary.
- Comfortable motel or cabin accommodation or camping gear which is modern and easy to use.
- Accommodation Upgrades to local hotels available
- All World Heritage and National Park entry and accommodation fees, hotel pickups
- Contributions of tour price supports Outback Kids and nature care programs.
Alice Springs to Adelaide Tour Ask re latest Dates
4 day Tour including Lake Eyre flight, all meals except 1, 4WD transport, comfy camping accommodation. 4 day tour includes extra night at Marree to explore lake shore and surrounds. A$ 2,460. 3 nights hotel upgrade add $280 ie $2,640 Tour Code AMA4
3 day Tour including Lake Eyre flight, all meals except 1, 4WD transport, comfy camping or fully accommodated 3 day tour excludes extra night at Marree to explore lake shore and surrounds. A$1995. 2 nights hotel upgrade add $180 ie $2,175 Tour Code AMA3 Book or Check Availability Now
Also here are 6 or 8 day tours options – Commence in Adelaide to Uluru 6 days / 5 nights or Alice Springs 8 days /7 nights
Overnights and day highlights
- Wilpena Pound, walks or Wilpena Pound flight option,
- Marree – walk into Pound, Brachina & Bunyeroo Gorges, hotel
- Coober Pedy – Lake Eyre flight option, Oodnadatta Track, OTL, Old Ghan Railway, William Creek, Anna Creek
- Cattle station, sleep in underground motel – view opal mine & museum, underground church, lookout
- Uluru – camp with campfire & BBQ
- Uluru – camping – sunrise, Uluru guided walks, cultural centre, sunset
- Kings Canyon – Kata Tjuta tour and walk
- Alice Springs – morning walks at Kings Canyon – afternoon to Alice Springs airport for Darwin flight
Tour is a combination of 3 of our regular tours but not all elements ie
– but excludes MacDonnell Ranges + https://www.spiritsafaris.com/4-day-lake-eyre-tours-flights
Please ask if any questions or