Kimberley Kununurra Lake Argyle Mitchell Falls 7-8 Day Tour
Kimberley Kununurra Lake Argyle Mitchell Falls 7-8 Day Tours with 3 cruises, Mitchell Falls, Wyndham & Bungle Bungles flight option with Gibb River Road. Kimberley Kununurra Lake Argyle Mitchell Falls 7 Day Tour with 3 cruises, 4WD into Bungle Bungles for easy walk to Cathedral Gorge & Piccaninny Creek, and Echidna Chasm or nearby Osmand Lookout, Bungles heli flight option. Tour includes Lake Argyle cruise, El Questro, Wyndham, Parry Lagoon wetlands birds, Mitchell Falls flight & walk (options), Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Pentecost River, Zebedee Hot Springs, Optional day flight with walk option to Mitchell Falls and extreme North Western coastline. Opportunity to meet Aboriginal elders & Aboriginal artists, visit Wandjina and Bradshaw / Gwion rock art sites, swim in pristine waterholes on this 4WD tour which includes northern section of Gibb River Rd to El Questro & Wyndham – the original cattle route. Fully Accommodated or camping options. Broome to Broome Tour is Code KBA7 or Broome to Kununurra KBH7, Broome to Darwin KBDA 7 or Darwin to Broome KDBA7 options Book Tour
from Broome to Kununurra and Broome to Darwin option
3 Cruises, Lake Argyle, El Questro, Bungles walks & Gibb River Rd
7 Day Kimberley Lake Argyle Tour
- Broome to Kununurra via Halls Creek includes 4WD drive in to Bungle Bungles
- Mitchell Falls flight option with optional walk to Merton & Mitchell Falls
- Accommodated or Camping
Luxury 4WD Kimberley Kununurra Lake Argyle Mitchell Falls Tours 7-8 Day Tours Includes –
- 3 Cruises on Lake Argyle & Chamberlain River plus Geike Gorge on Fitzroy River
- Bungle Bungles Domes walk to Cathedral Gorge and Piccanniny Creek
- El Questro, Zebedee Hot Springs Emma Gorge, Cockburn Range, Jackaroos waterhole
- Cattle Stations of El Questro, Mabel Downs and more
- Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek walks / swims, Jandamarra story, Fitzroy Crossing
- All fees, meals except 1, 6 nights Comfy Camps $3,995. Or add accommodated $995pp twin share. Single supp. $795 KBB7
Kimberley Kununurra Lake Argyle Mitchell Falls Tours 7-8 Day Tours – Itinerary follows –
Wrap up the Top End – Combine spectacular Kimberley scenery with Top End treats. Experience incredible rock art galleries – learn about Aboriginal culture, lore, men and women’s business, spirituality, bush medicines and food, language and history, ceremony, song and dance. Visit special Wandjina and Bradshaw (Gwion Gwion) Aboriginal rock art sites. Enriching and fulfilling experiences in the land of the world’s longest surviving culture.
Broome to Kununurra – Kimberley Kununurra Lake Argyle Mitchell Falls 7 – 8 Day Tour
Day 1 – Depart from Broome travelling through vast Savannah grasslands to Willare on the Fitzroy River. We visit the culturally significant Prison Boab Tree and Mowanjum Aboriginal Art Centre and Derby township. Travelling on the Gibb River Road, we arrive for lunch and a short walk in Windjana Gorge National Park with abundant wildlife and numerous freshwater crocodiles in this eerie, ancient seabed environment – where the mega fauna roamed.
We then follow the boabs and the Devonian Reef / Napier Range to Tunnel Creek, well hidden in the fascinating geology of this limestone reef with its many boab trees and picturesque complex shapes. This is where the Aboriginal freedom fighter Jandamarra and the Bunuba Resistance was centred in the 1890s, depicted in 2 novels and a recent stage production. Here we can don torches and shorts to wade through this incredible underground river system full of stalagmites and stalactites and even an under ground spring. Alternatively take a short walk in the shady and refreshing surrounding area by the creek that feeds the underground water system.
Heading east we arrive at Fitzroy Crossing which is an education and supply centre for surrounding cattle stations and Aboriginal communities. Overnight accommodation at Fitzroy Crossing. LD
Day 2 – After breakfast enjoy a relaxing Darngku Geike Gorge river cruise on the vast Fitzroy River, and marvel at the high cliffs, annual flood records, stunning wildlife and river tales from our knowledgeable local guide. We then travel eastward on the Savannah Way to experience a 2 hour Aboriginal guided cultural experience at Mimbi Caves (subject to availability) before lunch at the picturesque Ngumban Cliffs. This is Mesa country with impressive views over the vast grassland plains and take a break at the scenic and bird lovers Marys Pool on the Mary River. Halls Creek is next with its gold mining history including the tale of Russian Jack, before the local Aboriginal Art Centre. Travel on to Mabel Downs Cattle Station and to the Bungles Bungles Safari Park for overnight. BLD
Day 3 – Experience the extraordinary Bungles Bungles in Purnululu National Park by 4WD and marvel at this high energy amazing orange and black striped beehive landscape formed by giant river systems. Enjoy and easy walk the spectacular Cathedral Gorge, amongst the Beehive Domes and Picaninny Creek and after lunch an optional walk in Echidna Chasm or to a nearby Osmand Lookout. Optional scenic helicopter flights available – 18 mins approx $300) Overnight Bungle Bungles Safari Park. BLD
Day 4 – We travel through Warmun and Turkey Creek then spectacular rugged granite mountain ranges past the Argyle Diamond Mine to Kununurra then on to Lake Argyle Resort and see their iconic “infinity pool” overlooking lake Argyle. Depart the Resort at 2.15pm for your transfer to the boat ramp where you will board the “Kimberley Durack” for a 3.5 hours sunset cruise on stunning Lake Argyle. Enjoy complimentary beverages and nibbles whilst swimming and watching the sun set over the majestic Carr Boyd Ranges. Overnight at Lake Argyle Resort. BLD
Day 5 – An early swim if your wish, before departing Lake Argyle when we cross the overflow channel and make a brief stop in Kununurra for supplies and to check out the Aboriginal Art gallery, drive through some of the Ord River Irrigation Scheme, and visit the Sandalwood factory and plantations. Kununurra is a prosperous productive centre of mining, agriculture, tourism and Aboriginal art. We head off on 40 km of the Gibb River Road, under the Cockburn Range to explore El Questro treats including lunch by Jackaroos waterhole by a giant boab before we cross the Pentecost River at El Questro and join an afternoon cruise on the Chamberlain River Gorge. El Questro is a million acres of spectacular Kimberley scenery, rivers and gorges. Its here that the movie Australia was filmed, nestled under the Cockburn Ranges. After the cruise enjoy a spectacular sunset from Pigeon Lookout over the rugged Savannah landscape and the Pentecost River. Dinner at El Questros award winning outdoor restaurant overlooking the Pentecost River. Restaurant dinner own expense. Overnight at El Questro resort. BL
Day 6 – Zebedee hot springs are waiting for us this morning for a warm and relaxing soak in these natural springs among the Livingstonia Palms under the 1.8 Billion year old mountain ranges. An optional gorge walk to Emma Gorge sacred waterhole is available with a swim at the end in the refreshing waters under the waterfall.
Now we are heading to Wyndham and local history and highlights, before lunch at Five Rivers Lookout overlooking the spectacular Cambridge Gulf. After lunch its the RAMSAR listed Parry’s Lagoon (Marglu Billabong) for the rich wetlands bird life including Jabirus and Brolgas, Whistling Ducks, Magpie Geese, waders and more and some quiet time in the Bird Hide. We now head back to Kununurra for overnight BLD
Day 7 – Two options today – Complete tour this Day 7 or Depart on a 6am flight for Mitchell Falls – including majestic waterfalls, cattle stations, wilderness reserves and incredible coastal views will keep you enthralled all day. View the Ord Irrigation area, Cockburn Range, King George Falls, Berkeley River, Cambridge Gulf, Mitchell Falls and Wyndham mud flats. Land and hike 4.5km to the Mitchell Falls and enjoy two thrilling helicopter flights. Optional helicopter alternative to the 4.5 km walk – as this is a difficult and uneven track with river crossings, which can be slippery. There is an option of taking a helicopter transfer instead of walking, this is an additional $145 per person. There is a limited time for the walk, therefore if you are unsure of your walking capabilities, please book the helicopter transfer. Return to Kununurra for overnight, and an evening meal and great stories from the days adventure BLD. This light aircraft flight day
Day 8 – Tour completes after breakfast 10am allowing flight or transport connections to Darwin or elsewhere, or optional cruises on Ord River, or visits to Ord River Scheme, Aboriginal art galleries, Zebra Rock Art galleries and the Sandalwood Factory.
Kimberley Kununurra Lake Argyle Mitchell Falls 7-8 Day Tours
- 4WD into Bungle Bungles & ground tour and walk into Cathedral & Piccaninny Creek
- Mitchell Falls flight – with 4.5 km walk to Merton & Mitchell Falls – Option available to not include this and complete tour Day 7
- 3 cruises – Lake Argyle sunset cruise, Geike Gorge cruise, Chamberlain River cruise
- Professional and experienced driver / guides Long established relationships with local Aboriginal people enriches experiences
- Access to remote areas and rock art sites unreachable by most tour vehicles
- Delicious meals as shown, including vegetarian optional. Celebration dinner at journey end.
- Accommodated sleeping or comfy camping. Camp gear includes options of self inflating mattress & /or stretcher, pillow & linen.
- All World Heritage and National Park entry and accommodation fees
- Aboriginal Art community visits for “direct from artist” purchases
- Contributions of tour price supports Outback Kids and nature care programs.
- You – and Your involvement in a creation much bigger than most can imagine
Exclusions for Kimberley Kununurra Lake Argyle Mitchell Falls Tours 7-8 Day Tours
- 1 dinner own purchase in the restaurant. Alcohol
- Accommodation upgrades if required. Available at all locations if prebooked
- Flights to and from departure points
Kimberley Kununurra Lake Argyle Mitchell Falls Tours 7-8 Day Tours
7 days – Broome to Kununurra Tour via Bungle Bungles with El Questro, Wyndham, Zebedee Hot Springs, Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Lake Argyle. Includes all fees, meals as stated, 6 nights camps $3,995 Or add accommodation $995pp twin share. Single supp. $795 KBH7.
8 Days as above including day tour with Mitchell Falls flights with extra heli shuttle (add $1895 pp includes flights, extra nights accommodation and meals). Less $135 if choosing to do the 4.5 km walk at Mitchell Falls)
Confirm Your Place …
You can Book Now with links below and add extras or pay deposit or request invoice or Booking Form to be emailed
- 7 Days Broome to Kununurra – For the 7 day accommodated tour price excluding Mitchell Falls flight, for 2 people accommodated (twin or double) is $4,890 per person. Confirm Your Place with payment here PayPal.me/ezipay/4890
- 8 Days Broome to Kununurra – For the 8 day accommodated tour price including Mitchell Falls flight & 8 days accommodation and meals, for 2 people accommodated (twin or double) is $6,885 per person. Confirm Your Place with payment here PayPal.me/ezipay/6885
Or use Booking Form or Options at Book Now
Departures on demand – or call 1300 763 188 or 0417 244 600