Kakadu Katherine Gorge Tours
Kakadu National Park – Wetlands, Katherine Gorge Tour
This 3 day Kakadu Katherine Gorge Tour explores the highlights of the Top End on this exceptional Northern Territory tour with Kakadu National Park Wetlands, Aboriginal cultural centres and rock art, wetlands cruise & Katherine Gorge cruise.
Day 1 – Today we depart Darwin for Kakadu National Park Explore. After a look at the township of Jabiru, take the picturesque drive to Ubirr Rock. We walk through amazing Aboriginal Art galleries, then to a spectacular lookout over the wetlands. Optional viewing and/or visit to nearby Ranger Uranium Mine, or scenic flight over the wetlands. Visit the Bowali Visitor Centre, and gain an appreciation of the special nature of this World rated National Park. Overnight Cooinda Resort. LD
Day 2 – Board the fascinating early morning Yellow Waters wetlands cruise amongst extraordinary birdlife & crocodiles in this World Heritage listed wetlands. Cruise next to giant crocs, view Jabiru, egrets, sea eagles, whistling ducks and many more local and migratory birds feasting in this abundant food basket. After our cruise we check out the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre then its time for lunch before we explore the area around the stunning Nourlangie Rock art – a highlight of Kakadu. This easy access area has some of the most impressive Aboriginal rock art in Kakadu, and wetland areas with good picnic facilities. After a fulfilling afternoon, time return to return to the swimming pool or relax at our Gagudju Lodge Resort and campgrounds at Cooinda. Alternatively take an optional scenic flight from Cooinda airstrip BLD
|Sunset at Yellow Waters
|Nourlangie Rock Art Kakadu
|Wallaby at Nourlangie Kakadu Tour
Day 3 – We travel via Mary River for Pine Creek, an historic gold mining and railway town significant to Northern Territory development. Enroute we pass numerous World War II airfields critical to the defence of Australia in WWII. From Katherine, we take the short drive to Nitmiluk National Park to enjoy a 2 hour (or optional more) river cruise in spectacular Katherine Gorge. Options also for helicopter flight to remote gorges and rock art sites, or a canoe hire and paddle on the Gorge ! Day finishes in Katherine at approximately 5.00pm or return to Darwin approximately 6pm. Optional Overnight Katherine or board the Ghan heading south. B,L
- Small boutique group in modern 4 wheel drive vehicles – Landcruisers or similar
- Professional and experienced driver / guides
- Cruises on Katherine Gorge & Yellow Waters Kakadu wetlands
- Long established relationships with local Aboriginal people enriches experiences
- Experience the high energy of rock art, sacred sites and songlines
- Delicious meals, including vegetarian, unless noted in itinerary. 1 meal own purchase at Cooinda Lodge.
- All camping gear which is modern and easy to use
- Comfortable sleeping options (self inflating mattress or stretcher). Bring your bedding or available from us.
- All World Heritage and National Park entry and accommodation fees Aboriginal Art community visits for “direct from artist” purchases
- Contributions of tour price supports Outback Kids and nature care programs.
- You – and Your involvement in a creation much bigger than most can imagine
‘If you respect the land, then you will feel the land. Your experience will be one that you cannot get anywhere else in the world.’ Brian Baruwei – Wurrkbarbar clan. Aboriginal traditional owner
Darwin to Kakadu & Katherine Tour (or Darwin return option) – 3 days Kakadu National Park, Katherine Gorge Tour from Darwin Northern Territory.
Includes all meals, motel accommodation option, comfy camping accommodation, all park entry fees, Yellow Waters cruise, Katherine Gorge cruise, professional guide. Cost for 3 days 2 nights Camping $1895 per person or motel upgrade add $595 twin share, $480 single supplement (single supplement not required for camping)