Relax with a Hunter Valley Wine Wildlife Watagans Wilderness and Railways adventure with the native birds and wildlife surrounded by dense forests at the Hunter Valley Kangaroo Retreat and connect with the fascinating history of the Watagan Mountains and Hunter Valley railway and mining history.
Wine Wildlife Wilderness and Railways – What a Weekend Away !
Your adventure includes …
- Includes 2 nights at Hunter Valley Kangaroo Retreat – with open fires & extensive balcony
- Day 1 – Meet at Richmond Vale Railway Museum with train ride and museum entry Opens at 9.30am.
- Day 2 – Suggested Options (included) –
- Adventure 4WD tour to Watagan Mountains Moss Wall, Boarding House Dam & spectacular lookouts and / or
- Local railway track, yards and history Plus Wine-tasting
Pelaw-Main Colliery was commenced in 1901 by the partnership of John & William Brown, and later by the firm J & A Brown while being operated from 1931 by successor companies. It was a drift mine, being driven into the outcropping coal seam on the rise to the south of Kurri Kurri township.
Steam loco train ride runs Sundays weather dependent. First / Last Train 10 am / 3pm – See http://www.rvrm.org/
See retreat details here – https://airbnb.com/h/huntervalleykangarooretreat
· 4 bedrooms available – 2 QUEEN ,`1 double bed rooms, 1 bedroom with 2 king single beds
- 2 nights Accommodation with Campfire & indoor log fire. Pool table. Big TV
- 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 2 morning teas, 1 lunch
- 4WD to Watagan Mountains / Moss Wall tour, local railway region or wineries (your choice)
- Professional Host and Hostess
- Wild wildlife!! – 30 – 40 kangaroos live on the property
- Birdlife abundant and visit daily – black & White cockatoos, Rosellas, lorikeets, White Headed & Wonga Pigeon, Blue Wren ++
- National Parks entry fees.
- Entry to Richmond Vale Railway Museum
- Train ride on historic train at Richmond Vale Railway Museum
- Alcohol – BYO or local wineries
- 1 lunch at local pub
- Transport to the Hunter Valley Kangaroo Retreat – this is available from Sydney or Newcastle as an extra on booking