3 Day Lake Eyre Tours & Flights
Lake Eyre tours AND Lake Eyre Tours and Flights from Adelaide, Sydney, Broken Hill, Melbourne or Alice Springs – 1, 3, 4, 5, 7 or 9 days
3 days/ 2 nights – From Adelaide return to Adelaide
NOW WITH EXTENDED 2 HOUR LAKE EYRE FLIGHT INCLUDED
Our Lake Eyre tours include a spectacular 2 hour flight over Lake Eyre, (or extension options available – please ask ) to fly over the optimal site for bird sighting, currently being the northern extreme of the lake and the Warburton & Macumba Rivers and southern Simpson Desert region of Lake Eyre North. The extended flight will view the Warburton River, Warburton Groove (major inflow) and Tirari Desert and depart from William Creek. View also Elliot Price Conservation Park, (Donald) Campbell Point, Jackboot, Halligan & Belt Bays, Lake Eyre South, major islands & landmarks. Learn of the Marree Man giant sculpture.
PLUS 4WD with wildlife & bird spotting to lake shore. We aim to find where the best water and wildlife viewing experiences are considered to be at the time, so your guide may visit Lake Eyre South shoreline and lookout, and Oodnadatta Track highlights, such as Mound Springs ( including “The Bubbler”) in the Wabma Kadarbu Mound Springs Conservation Park and the old Afghan created palm grove of the old Ghan town of Coward Springs with great railway heritage and a chance for a swim in the warm springs.
A Painted Hills flight is available on some tours if booked. All Lake Eyre tours include Flinders Ranges, Parachilna, Ochre Pits, Oodnadatta & Birdsville Tracks, flight over Lake Eyre.
Lake Eyre from Adelaide to Adelaide –
• 3 day Lake Eyre tours from Adelaide via William Creek
• 4 day Lake Eyre tours via Marree, William Creek & Coober Pedy
• 5 day Lake Eyre tour via Wilpena Pound, Marree, William Creek, Coober Pedy
3 day Lake Eyre Tours & Flights
3 day tour – From Adelaide to Adelaide – 3 days including Lake Eyre flight
Lake Eyre Tours & Flights – Depart from Adelaide return to Adelaide (or Broken Hill option) via Lake Eyre – Includes flights over Lake Eyre, lake shore by 4WD, wetlands birds area, see the Old Ghan Railway, Tom Kruse Outback Mailman from “Back of Beyond” truck & history, Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville Track, Marree, Leigh Creek, Copley, Lake Eyre National Park, Flinders Ranges. Connection options to Sydney, Broken Hill or Melbourne. s birds area, see the Old Ghan Railway, Tom Kruse Outback Mailman truck & history
Day 1 – From Adelaide city or airport we depart via spectacular mountain scenery adjacent the Flinders Ranges. Travel via the rich wine producing region of the Clare Valley ((wine tasting optional) and through the rich countryside of rural South Australia. Enjoy picturesque scenery, and rural town stops with lunch and a morning and afternoon teas. We cross the Goyder Line, view the Elder & Heyson Ranges, Wilpena Pound & Lake Torrens and visit the historic and award winning Prairie Hotel at Parachilna with great outback art before arrival at our cosy overnight stop at Marree (or Copley on some tours). Dinner at the historic 1880’s Marree Hotel (or Leigh Creek seasonal option) L, D
Day 2 – We head for William Creek on the Oodnadatta Track via Anna Creek Station (bigger than Texas) and travel via rolling sandhills that lead to the Simpson Desert. From William Creek we take a 2 hour scenic flight over Lake Eyre, viewing the Warburton, Neales and Macumba Rivers, and follow the Warburton Groove, the deep line of flow down the lake. Our flight optimizes sighting bird life and water flows, and best photographic opportunities. After our flight, and a look around William Creek, we return to the Oodnadatta Track and follow the Overland Telegraph Line and Old Ghan Railway route and visit historic Coward Springs & Curdimurka railway sidings plus, time permitting, the Bubbler Mound Springs – a permanent flow of water from the Artesian Basin. B,L,D Overnight Marree
Day 3 – We depart Marree for Adelaide and visit the Old Ghan ghost town of Farina, view the giant Leigh Creek coal mine, the fascinating and colourful Ochre Pits and travel via old Ghan railway towns including Wilson and Woolshed Flat via the Flinders Ranges to Hawker and stunning mountain landscapes. We visit the impressive Kanyaka Station & stone woolshed ruins (time permitting) as we follow the Old Ghan Line via Quorn, through the Pitchi Ritchie Pass and the breathtaking view of Spencers Gulf & Port Augusta to arrive Adelaide around 6pm, delivered to your accommodation or airport connection.
- Small group luxury 4WD travel (usually 4-6 / vehicle) with professional and experienced driver / guide
- Scenic Flight over Lake Eyre – 2 hours optionally add extra
- All delicious meals, including vegetarian options, unless noted in itinerary.
- Fully accommodated in hotel with ensuite
- All World Heritage and National Park entry and accommodation fees, airport or hotel pickups & return
- Contributions of tour price supports Outback Kids and Australian Wildlife Conservancy nature care programs.
Book Now Call 1300 763 188
- Lake Eyre Tours & Flights from Adelaide return – 3 days/2 nights – Includes flights over Lake Eyre, lake shore by 4WD & walk, wetlands birds, see the Old Ghan Railway, Tom Kruse Outback Mailman from “Back of Beyond” truck & history, Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville Track, Marree 2 nights, Leigh Creek, Lake Eyre National Park, Flinders Ranges. 3 days/2 nights Tour Code ECA3 with all meals & fully accommodated Single Supplement $150 Book NOW
- Lake Eyre Tours Flights via Coober Pedy William Creek from Adelaide to Adelaide – 4 days / 3 night Tour including Lake Eyre flight, all meals, luxury 4WD transport, 2 Hour Flight over Lake Eyre water inflow and Warburton Groove, 3 lake shore visits and walks at ABC Bay, Belt Bay & Lake Eyre South, Birdwatching and Lake Shore drives by 4WD, Wetlands birds area walk. Follow the Old Ghan Railway Track and visit historic Coward Springs & Curdimurka railway sidings plus much more. Cost for all fees, flight, meals, except 1 at restaurant for Comfy Camping or upgrade to motel style accommodation – 3 nights hotel upgrade add $300. Single Supplement $200 Tour Code LCW4 Book NOW
- Arkaroola Wilpena Flinders Ranges Lake Eyre Tours – 6 days/5 nights tour – includes 4WD to Lake shore walk, wetlands walk birds area, spectacular Arkaroola walks and Ridge Top Tour (optional), spot endangered rock wallabies as we drive through Brachina & Bunyeroo Gorges, incredible rock art at Sacred Canyon & Chambers Gorge. Experience the Old Ghan Railway, Tom Kruse “Outback Mailman” from “Back of Beyond” mail truck & history, Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville Track, Marree, Lake Eyre National Park, Flinders Ranges, Wilpena Pound, Wilpena Pound walk & optional Wilpena flight.
4 day tour includes –
- 2 Hour Flight over Lake Eyre plus water inflow and Warburton Groove
Fly over Simpson Desert wildflowers, Neales & Warburton Rivers
3 lake shore visits and walks at ABC Bay, Belt Bay & Lake Eyre South (4 day tour)
Birdwatching and Lake Shore drives by 4WD
Wetlands birds area guided nature walks
Follow the Old Ghan Railway Track and visit historic Coward Springs & Curdimurka railway sidings plus much more
View Tom Kruse “Outback Mailman” from “Back of Beyond” mail truck & history
Lake Eyre Yacht Club & Marree museum
PLUS Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville Track, Marree, Leigh Creek, Copley, Lake Eyre National Park, Flinders Ranges.Connection options to Sydney, Broken Hill or Melbourne Book NOW
For latest scheduled departures (usually Fridays) click a button below…
Tour Details & itinerary see below …
Call for details on 08 8120 0366 or Book HERE
3 Day Lake Eyre Tour & Flight 4 Day Lake Eyre Tour & Flight 5 Day Lake Eyre Tour & Flight
4 Wheel Drive 4WD Tour Vehicles – Our modern Toyota Landcriuser 4WD vehicles means you cruise easily in a small private group in comfort to access areas others can’t reach – It’s the way to go !
Lake Eyre Flights from Broken Hill via Lake Eyre, William Creek, Flinders Ranges – Call 1300 763 188 or numbers below
Lake Eyre Flights from Marree (closest to Lake Eyre) – Call 1300 763 188
or numbers below
Lake Eyre Flights from Adelaide – Call 1300 763 188 or numbers below
Lake Eyre Tours & Flights – From Adelaide, Broken Hill, or Alice Springs includes a lake shore walk, spectacular 1.5 or 2.5 hour Lake Eyre flight (longer flights available) over Lake Eyre from Marree, which includes Warburton Groove (the major inflow), Elliot Price Conservation Park, major islands & landmarks. PLUS 4WD with wildlife & bird watching to Level Post Bay & Donald Campbell Memorial at Lake Eyre National Park on shores of Lake Eyre via Muloorina Station. A Painted Hills flight (from William Creek) is available on some tours if booked.
Lake Eyre Flights from Marree – flight path options Map – Click to enlargeAll our Lake Eyre tours include Flinders Ranges, Oodnadatta Track, Marree, flight over Lake Eyre – Summary below Options include Scenic flights over Lake Eyre, flight over Painted Desert, Flinders Ranges, Oodnadatta & Birdsville Track, Marree, William Creek, Coober Pedy, Scenic flights, Alice Springs.
NEW Tours added – Check Regularly to see Updates or Join Mailing List
Ask Now: 1300 763 188 or Book here
Extra Frequent departures available – please ASK
Book EARLY & SAVE
To ensure you receive the latest updates and booking availability
Please enter your First & Last Name and Email address in the box in the right column >
* Brochure with Prices for Lake Eyre Tours & Flights here
* Birdsville Races with Lake Eyre Tour & Flight here
Photos – Wilpena Pound Tour
Photos – Lake Eyre Tours & Flight