Perth to Broome via Kalbarri Karijini Ningaloo Monkey Mia Tour
Perth to Broome via Kalbarri Karijini Ningaloo Monkey Mia Tour 10 day Tour via West Coast of Western Australia. Includes 80 Mile Beach, Millstream NP, Karijini National Park, Pilbara, Hamersley Ranges, Port Hedland 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Oxer, Joffre, Fortescue, Hancock, Dales gorges, Fern & Circular Pools. Plus BHPs Port Hedland docks, Newman, Burrup Rock Art, Red Dog Memorial, Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price. Mine tour option.
Includes Ningaloo Reef glass-bottom boat cruise, (or swim with whale sharks option at extra cost), Coral Bay, Monkey Mia dolphins & Kalbarri National Park, and Pinnacles from Perth
New tours …
- Perth to Broome via Kalbarri Karijini Ningaloo Monkey Mia Tour 10 days via West Coast of Western Australia. Personal & Private luxury 4WD Tour Includes 80 Mile Beach, Marble Bar & Millstream NP, Karijini National Park, Pilbara, Hamersley Ranges, Port Hedland 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Oxer, Joffre, Fortescue, Hancock, Dales gorges, Fern & Circular Pools. Plus BHPs Port Hedland docks, Newman, Burrup Rock Art, Red Dog Memorial, Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price. Mine tour option. Includes Ningaloo Reef glass-bottom boat cruise, (or swim with whale sharks option at extra cost), Coral Bay, Monkey Mia dolphins & Kalbarri National Park, and The Pinnacles from Perth
Tour Details – from Perth to Broome via West Coast of Western Australia.
Day 1 – Depart Perth via the Indian Ocean Drive for Nambung National Park up the West Australian Coast. Enjoy the atmosphere of the surreal limestone Pinnacles of upright stones. Continue via Cervantes and Jurien Bay to the cosmopolitan City of Geraldton-Greenough. We visit the WA Museum Geraldton and the HMAS Sydney Memorial for stunning views over the city and ocean. Then to Kalbarri National Park for evening meal sunset views and enjoy dinner together. Overnight Kalbarri
Day 2 – Explore Kalbarri National Park and visitors centre, with a stunning coastal walk and spectacular coastal cliff lookouts and inland gorges. Visit Eagle Bluff with big bay view, and shark and dugong sightings. Overnight Shark Bay
Day 3 – Meet the friendly Dolphins of Monkey Mia followed by a boat cruise on the marine rich waters of the bay. We visit the Shark Bay World Heritage Discovery Centre and learn about the bay’s history, culture and why it is one of the few places on earth to meet all four natural criteria for World Heritage listing. Visit the ancient Stromatolites of Hamelin Bay and the 120km long Shell Beach, two of the unique natural attractions in the area. Overnight Carnarvon
Day 4 – We head for Coral Bay to explore the world’s largest fringing Ningaloo Reef. It is situated only metres from the shore in places and has over 500 species of tropical fish and 250 corals along with the world’s largest fish, the giant whale shark (late March-July) and Humpback Whales (June- November). Optional whale sharks swim available. Overnight Coral Bay
Day 5 – Located right on the Ningaloo Reef, Coral Bay is a snorkelers and divers paradise and offers safe swimming for the kids. Charter boats are available for diving and fishing. Visit the spectacular scenery of Charles Knife and Shothole Canyon in the Cape Range National Park en route to Exmouth for overnight. We also visit a monument a tribute to Operation Jaywick. This operation involved the “Krait”, a captured Japanese fishing vessel. This vessel sailed from Exmouth to Singapore in WWII. This elite crew severely damaged seven ships totalling almost 40 000tons. The party returned to Exmouth Gulf after 47 days at sea. See https://www.abc.net.au/austory/the-story-of-the-krait/8466640
Day 6 – 7 – We head for Tom Price and Karijini National Park –
Two nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Oxer lookout, and Fortescue, Hancock, Dales, Red, Joffre and Knox Gorges, and Fern & Circular Pools. Fern & Circular Pools with swimming opportunities and overnights at the Karijini Eco Retreat.
Day 8 – Morning walk opportunity in nearby Joffre Gorge then departure for Tom Price (mine tour optional) before we head for Hammersley Gorge and down the Rio Tinto private Railway Road, witnessing the largest trains in the world carrying Iron Ore to Karratha docks. Visit unique landscapes of Millstream National Park with the Fortesque River lookouts, to arrive Karratha for the evening.
The Tom Price Rio Tinto Mine – The Mount Tom price mine is owned by Rio Tinto / Hamersley Iron and operated by Pilbara iron. The mine was developed in 1966, and is a massive ore body eight kilometres long and more than one kilometre wide. In 2004 the mine moved over 45Mt of material, and produced over 18Mt of iron ore.
Day 9 – Explore Burrup Peninsula rock art, the largest rock art site in the worlds, with petroglyphs estimated around 25-30 million years old. Here also is one of the worlds largest LNG liquefied gas plants processing offshore gas for export. We learn at the visitors centre and witness this modern industrial phenomenon in that brings massive wealth to Australia. The Red Dog memorial is alos nearby at Dampier and he’s always happy to see visitors. After lunch by the beach, we head up through scenic Pilbara landscapes and river crossings to Port Hedland for overnight.
Day 10 – Witness the BHP operated Port Hedland docks and massive shipping traffic in this busy port before we head for 80 Mile Beach and a short walk in the sand and optional swim. We cross the mighty De Grey River, travelling through cattle grazing country and visit Pardoo & Sandfire and arrive Broome late afternoon
- 10 DAYS 9 Nights fully accommodated in ensuite accommodation
- Professional and experienced driver/guide
- Long established relationships with local Aboriginal people enriches experiences
- Access to remote areas and rock art sites unreachable by most tour vehicles
- All meals, except 3 dinners
- Delicious meals including vegetarian options.
- All World Heritage and National Park entry and accommodation fees
- Aboriginal Art community visits for “direct from artist” purchases
- Contributions of tour price supports Outback Kids and nature care programs.
- You – and Your involvement in a creation much bigger than most can imagine
- 3 dinners own purchase in restaurants, Alcohol
- Flights to and from departure points
Price is based on accommodation in motels / hotels and the Karijini Eco Retreat (2 nights).
Fully accommodated 10 Days / 9 Nights