Broome to Perth via Karijini Kalbarri Ningaloo Monkey Mia Tour 10 days
Broome to Perth via Karijini Kalbarri Ningaloo Monkey Mia Tour 10 days via West Coast of Western Australia. Includes 80 Mile Beach, Millstream NP, Karijini National Park, Pilbara, Hamersley Ranges, Port Hedland 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Oxer, Joffre, Fortescue, Hancock, Dales gorges, Fern & Circular Pools. Plus BHPs Port Hedland docks, Newman, Burrup Rock Art, Red Dog Memorial, Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price. optional Mine tour option.
Includes Ningaloo Reef glass-bottom boat cruise, (or swim with whale sharks option at extra cost), Coral Bay, Monkey Mia dolphins & Kalbarri National Park, and Pinnacles to Perth
New tour …
- Broome to Perth via Karijini Kalbarri Ningaloo Monkey Mia Tour 10 days via West Coast of Western Australia. Personal & Private luxury 4WD Tour Includes 80 Mile Beach, Marble Bar & Millstream NP, Karijini National Park, Pilbara, Hamersley Ranges, Port Hedland 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Oxer, Joffre, Fortescue, Hancock, Dales gorges, Fern & Circular Pools. Plus BHPs Port Hedland docks, Newman, Burrup Rock Art, Red Dog Memorial, Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price. Mine tour option. Includes Ningaloo Reef glass-bottom boat cruise, (or swim with whale sharks option at extra cost), Coral Bay, Monkey Mia dolphins & Kalbarri National Park, and The Pinnacles from Perth
Itinerary Broome to Perth via Karijini Kalbarri Ningaloo Monkey Mia Tour 10 days
Day 1 – Depart Broome visit Great Northern Highway through cattle grazing country, adjacent the Great Sandy Desert. Visit Sandfire and Pardoo and 80Mile Beach for a short walk in the sand amongst the coral and multiple shellfish washed up by the Indian Ocean. Optional swim. We cross the mighty De Grey River, and arrive in the BHP operated Port Hedland, now also FMG nearby. We visit the docks area and view massive shipping traffic in this busy port. Overnight in Port Hedland.
Day 2 – Head south through scenic and stunning Pilbara landscapes and river crossings to Karratha – the port for Rio Tinto & Roy Hill mine. Roy Hill is Hancock Prospecting’s majority-owned US$10 billion mega iron ore operation, which has successfully ramped up production to become Australia’s single largest iron ore mine producing 60 million tonnes of ore per annum.
We learn of the history of the region at the visitors centre and witness this modern industrial phenomenon that brings massive wealth to Australia. The Red Dog memorial is also nearby at Dampier and he’s always happy to see visitors. After lunch by the beach, Explore Burrup Peninsula rock art, the largest rock art site in the world, with petroglyphs estimated around 25-30 million years old. Here also is one of the worlds largest LNG liquefied gas plants processing offshore gas for export. Overnight Karratha.
Day 3 – Visit unique landscapes of Millstream National Park with the FortesqueRiver lookouts, then travel the Rio Tinto private Railway Road, witnessing up close the largest trains in the world carrying Iron Ore to Karratha docks. Depart for Tom Price (mine tour optional) before we head for Hammersley Gorge – Karijini Eco Retreat for overnight
Day 3-4 – Two nights at Karijini EcoRetreat to explore amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes &Oxer lookout, and Fortescue, Hancock, Dales, Red, Joffre and Knox Gorges, and Fern & Circular Pools. Fern & Circular Pools with swimming opportunities and overnights at the Karijini Eco Retreat.
Day 5 – Depart Karijini and travel via Tom Price (mine tour option) then scenic mountain, iron ore and cattle country via the Nanutarra Road to Nanutarra and Learmonth.
The Tom Price Rio Tinto Mine – The Mount Tom price mine is owned by Rio Tinto /Hamersley Iron and operated by Pilbara iron. The mine was developed in 1966 and is a massive ore body eight kilometres long and more than one kilometre wide. In 2004 the mine moved over 45Mt of material and produced over 18Mt of iron ore. Overnight Exmouth on NorthWest Cape.
Day 6 – In Exmouth, we visit the monument a tribute to Operation Jaywick. This operation involved the “Krait”, a captured Japanese fishing vessel. This vessel sailed from Exmouth to Singapore in WWII. This elite crew severely damaged seven ships totalling almost 40 000tons. The party returned to Exmouth Gulf after 47 days at sea. See https://www.abc.net.au/austory/the-story-of-the-krait/8466640
Travelling around North West Cape to Charles Knife and Shothole Canyon in Cape Range National Park. Then via Ningaloo and Ningaloo Reef. Explore the world’s largest fringing Ningaloo Reef. It is situated only metres from the shore in places and has over 500 species of tropical fish and 250corals along with the world’s largest fish, the giant whale shark (late March-July) and Humpback Whales (June- November). Charter boats are available for diving and fishing. Overnight Coral Bay
Day 7 – Enjoy relaxing in Coral Bay then a Glass-bottom boat cruise (included) or optional Whale swim available. We head further south,for Carnarvon exploring more of this unique landscape. Overnight Carnarvon
Day 8 – Visit the ancient Stromatolites of Hamelin Bay and the 120km long Shell Beach, two of the unique natural attractions in the area.We visit the Shark Bay World Heritage Discovery Centre and learn about the bay history, culture and why it is one of the few places on earth to meet all four natural criteria for World Heritage listing. Meet the friendly Dolphins of Monkey Mia followed by a boat cruise on the marine rich waters of the bay. Overnight Shark Bay
Day 9– Explore Kalbarri National Park and visitors centre, with a stunning coastal walk and spectacular coastal cliff lookouts and inland gorges. VisitEagle Bluff with big bay view, and shark and dugong sightings. Overnight Kalbarri
Day 10 – Continue to the City of Geraldton-Greenough. We visit the WA Museum Geraldton and the HMAS Sydney Memorial for stunning views over the city and ocean. Travel the IndianOcean Drive on the West Australian Coast via Cervantes and Jurien Bay to NambungNational Park. Enjoy the atmosphere of the surreal limestone Pinnacles of upright stones. Arrive in Perth and enjoy an evening dinner together. Accommodation own arrangements. Tour completes in Perth
Inclusions for Broome to Perth via Karijini Kalbarri Ningaloo Monkey Mia Tour 10 days
- 10 DAYS 9 Nights fully accommodated in ensuite accommodation
- Professional and experienced driver/guide
- Long established relationships with local Aboriginal people enriches experiences
- Access to remote areas and rock art sites unreachable by most tour vehicles
- All meals, except 4 dinners
- Delicious meals including vegetarian options.
- All World Heritage and National Park entry and accommodation fees
- Aboriginal Art community visits for “direct from artist” purchases
- Contributions of tour price supports Outback Kids and nature care programs.
- You – and Your involvement in a creation much bigger than most can imagine
- 4 dinners own purchase in restaurants, Alcohol
- Flights to and from departure points