10 Top Tips for Outback Tour Travel from Spirit Safaris
This page and video introduces 10 Top Tips for Outback tour travel from Spirit Safaris. Your enjoyment and safety will benefit by checking this out. Spirit Safaris have been outback touring for near 30 years, and these unique helpful hints are intended to make your outback tour adventure more enjoyable.
- For best photos bring a Black or Dark shirt to wear in light aircraft to minimise reflection on windows.
- Kimberly early season from May catches greener grasses and fuller waterfalls but maybe some rain & road closures. Mid May / June to early September are optimum times for weather.
- Bring old shoes (sneakers or crocs) for watery walks like through Tunnel Creek
- Bring a good headlight torch, spare batteries & USB cable – You’ll be amazed how handy they are.
- Pack up early for an early start – wildlife are out early to catch the early worms & avoid the days heat.
- Mobile Phone coverage is slim. Telstra works best but virtually no coverage in the Kimberley, except public or our on board satellite phone.
- Bring an extra plastic bag for wet swimmers or shoes.
- A broad brimmed hat & long sleeved shirts are better sun protection than chemical & heavy metal sunscreens
- Look away from passing vehicles to protect eyes and face, as stones often fly.
- Take sensible strong shoes for some rocky dusty walks and sandals to relax.
See latest outback tours
- November 11 -19, 2020 – 9 Days Cameron Corner Country Macquarie Marshes Menindee Lakes Broken Hill Tibooburra Darling River NSW Outback Tour- Details here – https://spiritsafaris.rezdy.com/414555/9-days-cameron-corner-country-macquarie-marshes-menindee-lakes-broken-hill-tibooburra-darling-river-nsw-outback-tour
- Kimberley Tours for 2021 – Early Birds Save $500 – Booking Fast- Kimberley tours in 2021 are booking well, and big savings are available with prices at 2020 rates. – See https://www.spiritsafaris.com/kimberley_kakadu_tours
- Canning Stock Route – From Alice Springs or Broome – See details – https://www.spiritsafaris.com/canning-stock-route-tours/
- 13 April – Aboriginal Art Tour – Alice Springs to Darwin via Utopia, Devils Marbles Mataranka, Daly Waters Katherine Gorge Tour 5 days
- 26 April – Channel and Corner Country Adelaide Broken Hill Innaminka Birdsville Alice Springs 12 Day Tour
- 27 April – Simpson Desert Crossing Alice Springs to Mt Dare Dalhousie Birdsville Boulia Alice Springs 9 days
Ask about our iPhone & Smart Phone Photography Tips
We also supply an “Items to Bring” & “Menu Preferences ”
Feel Free to ask at any time
Book EARLY & SAVE
Call 1300 763 188 or 0417 244 600
Sydney 02 8213 3225 Brisbane 07 3137 1607 Melbourne 03 9017 6862 Perth 08 6364 3651
Adelaide 08 8120 0366 Alice Springs 08 8120 0366