Our small group Kangaroo Island Tours 5 days emerse you in this amazing and unique wilderness landscape where wildlife abounds. Get up close to the New Zealand Fur Seal and the Australian Sea-lion, koalas in the wild, Echidna’s, the unique Kangaroo Island Western Grey Kangaroo, Cape Barron Goose, wild birds, flora and gorgeous seascapes! Tour from Adelaide includes ferry from mainland and fully accommodated tour, National Park fees and all park and attraction entries.
Kangaroo Island Tours 5 Days
Departures – See Dates at Book link
Day 1 Meet and transport to Island
- Meet up in Adelaide, Kingscote or Penneshaw and drive to the western end of island to Wilderness Resort accommodation for 2 nights.
- Afternoon viewing Southern Ocean at Remarkable Rocks
DAY 2: Explore Flinders Chase National Park
- A day in and around Cape Du Couedic. We start with Remarkable Rocks and then go on to explore the Lighthouse Region site of the beautiful Admiral’s Arch then spend the morning the Australian Fur Seal colony which, at the time has many pups frolicking in the rocky pools at the cliffs base.
- We take a walk around the Chase grounds and enjoy the many Cape Barren geese and echidna.
- We start our day at Seal Bay Conservation Reserve where you will get an opportunity to photograph these engaging marine mammals. This is the only managed access accessible Sealion colony in Australia and it is a rare treat.
- Beautiful Vivonne Bay then photogenic Hanson’s Bay Wildlife Sanctuary with opportunities to photograph Koalas, Tammar Wallabies, Western Grey Kangaroos and Echidnas.
- Overnight Kingscote
Day 4: Rocky River Bush Birds – Raptor Domain – Stokes Bay – Kingscote
- Visit Raptor Domain close to Seal Bay Conservation Park for a late afternoon show. Photograph a wide range of spectacular birds close up and on the wing. This is one of Australia’s best raptor collections and many of the species are very difficult to photograph in the wild.
- Visit Stokes Bay on the northern side of the island where we experience not only the islands unique native flowers, but also many of the spectacular Western Australian Species. These beautiful gardens are home to over 150 Kangaroo Island species, 750 named plants and many seasonal native orchids.
Late afternoon more birds in flight and ocean viewing at the spectacular pelican feeding presentation at Kingscote.
Accommodation in Kingscote
Day 5: Kingscote – Cape Willoughby – Adelaide
We take a drive through the scnic countryside to visit Cape Willoughby Conservation Park, on the extremes eastern edge of Kangaroo island, with views to the mainland.
Returning to Penneshaw with an option to visit the Penneshaw Penguin Centre before we board the ferry for the mainland and travel back through the scenic Fleurieu Peninsula to reach Adelaide approximately 5pm.
Investment: $3995. Deposit of $995 secures your place.
Departures – See Dates at Book link
Inclusions Kangaroo Island Tours 5 days
- All accommodation as detailed
- Delicious meals, including vegetarian options.
- All World Heritage and National Park entry fees
- Contributions of tour price supports AWC nature care programs.
- Bird domain, pelican feeding, seal bay entry
- Flights to and from departure points. Pick up Adelaide, Pennashaw or Kingscote.
What to bring
- Good walking shoes, a hat and a personal water bottle are all essential.
Want to extend your unique South Australian experience? Ask about Flinders Ranges, Arkaroola, Lake Eyre and Great Ocean Road tours and Tasmania Tours
Photos Courtesy of Steve Parish Nature Connect